After last weeks incident, things did settle down. Last Saturday the 16th, I returned to Herestreau Park (the scene of the "incident") for 3 full laps of the lake totalling 11.25 miles. Thankfully, it was an uneventful event with decent weather in the mid 50's. I did freak out a couple of Romanians with my water bottle storage plan though.
What is that strange American doing?
In addition to my usual pack of sports beans, I brought a water bottle with me since the water fountains are turned off for the year. During the first lap, I stashed the water bottle in the woods near the path so I could pick it up later for a drink without carrying it the whole time. About 30 minutes later when I came back around for lap 2, I retrieved it with several Romanians watching. I re-stashed the bottle and repeated this process for lap 3. Boy, did I get some weird looks!
Last few days in Bucharest...
Last weekend was the end of our 50 degree weather for now. This week has been damp, cold, windy and rainy at times. I did get 2 runs in on Monday and Thursday (the two best days) in a nearly deserted Titan Park. I think because November was so much warmer than normal, it has made it tough for me to adjust to the cold this month. Next month should be even more fun! The park does look nice at night though since they have Christmas decorations hung around the light posts as well as a large Christmas tree.
Thanks for coming along...
I want to thank my massive (I may need two hands to count now - I'm not sure) audience for tagging along this past year for these 700 or so miles of running. Next year will hopefully be just as exciting as I tackle some new European and some different Bucharest (and maybe other Romanian) running locations. I'm really hoping the animal encounters will be a bit less exciting though. By the way, I now have 3 shots down in my rabies series. See the family blog for the details of shot #3. I guess you can say I'm 60% rabies proof now. After 2 more shots in the next 2 weeks, I will be indestructable for 2007, heh heh heh.
Crăciun Fericite şi La Mulţs Ani (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment