Streaks are very common in sports. You have winning streaks, losing streaks, hitting streaks, scoring streaks, etc etc. The streaks themselves have one thing in common: sooner or later they all come to an end. Friday's run would prove this fact. It started out so innocent - just a little slow-n-easy 4 miler to prepare for a Saturday long run. The run itself was just fine and it wasn't until after I got home, drank some gatorade, and looked down to untie my shoes that I realized the streak was over.
Steve steps in "it"
I was kind of upset at first (and the Helpmeet much more than me), but now that I've been thinking about it...not so much. It really is a miracle that I was able to run 500+ miles in the city of Bucharest without stepping in a big pile of dog excrement. With around 100,000+ (some estimates are at 200,000) stray dogs in this city AND peoples pet dogs too, this streak really should be published in the Guiness book or something. Oh well, it all came to an end Friday.
Do you remember those pretty fall pictures I posted earlier this week? Were you admiring the pretty colors of the trees? Well, let me tell you those pretty falling leaves have a dark side. They provide the perfect camouflage for dog poopies. Think about that the next time you drive to the country to admire the fall foliage! I know I will. The leaf cover was so good, I didn't even notice what I had stepped in. As you can expect, it wasn't pretty when I got back to the apartment and walked around a bit. My Asics shoes were quickly quarantined (after careful consideration, I decided NOT to post a pic) on the balcony and Dana went crazy lighting candles everywhere.
From poopies to pampering - Saturday's run and massage
You can tell by the subject heading that Saturday just rocked! I had a nice 10.6 mile run first thing in the morning. It was a good run on a nice cool fall day. The highlight of the day was not the run, however. Dana had scheduled an appointment with a massage therapist for both of us. So, at 3:00 Aurelia showed up and "beat up" on us for an hour each. The price for 1 hour of massage (and a good one too!) = $10 USD which includes tip!!! For that price, you can expect this to be a training staple for the rest of my time running in Romania. Yahooo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just for the record - I did not "go crazy". I ordered the shoes to the balcony, cleaned the carpet, then lit the candles. All in my usual state of control and organization!
I'm just glad only your shoes were banned to the balcony and not you in them .:) I loved Dana's comment also but I think she probably did go a "little" crazy.
The Granny
POOP!!! You have to laugh when someone says that or writes about it.
10 BUCKS?????? Each? If that was for both of you that is just not fair! It cost me 40 for a half hour! That stinks! Makes me hate sitting at this desk even more now!
Post a Comment