Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall in Titan Park

My apologizes for that little "episode" that became my last post. With the exception of my 1 week in Upstate, NY, I've been out of the USA for nearly 10 full months now (that's my excuse for a little nuttiness).

Thankfully, last week's cold snap was just temporary. The temperatures rebounded into the 70's this week, which has been great.

I've had 2 nice runs in the park this week, a 7 miler and 4 miler. The colors are pretty much past peak now but still really nice to look at. The leaves are falling fast though. I took these photos on my rest day today.

The park is beginning to quiet down, but you can still find activity on the warmer days. The running has been nice with less people to dodge.

On the south side, the dredging boat is still digging away along the shoreline making a big mess. Also, the old out-of-shape "speedo men" and their equally old scantily dressed female companions have dwindled in number. You can see them on the left side of the photo on the upper bank. This is the sunniest spot in the park where they first appeared this spring. It looks like they will make their last attempts at the perfect tan here until winter arrives.

Steve: HTML Genius?

I hope you are noticing the subtle enhancements to my blog, especially in the sidebars. I'm slowly progressing in my knowledge of the HTML language for formatting blogs. I'm almost ready to step up from "completely HTML ignorant" status to "knows enough HTML to screw stuff up" status. (hint: you'll know when I've reached this next level after the blog goes down) -

Special Thanks to my bud Ashley for assisting me with my new running stats link. You rock!

Exciting stuff ahead

Ok, not really...my regular readers know I like eye-catching subject lines. What is coming up? I am putting together my first blog contest and you all get to participate. The great news is this: If you know how big my blog audience is, then you know you have a pretty good shot at winning. Stay tuned for the details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the answer, I know the answer! Pick me! Pick me! (said while raising hand and bouncing in seat!)

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. I check it more than my own. Its the best out there!