Friday, October 20, 2006

What goes on inside Steve's head while running...

I had my first post race run on Thursday. It has been cold this week. I'm in a weird mood, so I figured I'd give you a glimpse of what goes on upstairs while I run....

Steve: "Man, it's cold today..."

Winter: "Hey Steve. Are ya a little chilly? I notice you got the long sleeve on today"

Steve: "Huh? Who are you?"

Winter: "Dude, it's me man, Winter"

Steve: "What? Wait a minute. You're a SEASON. You can't talk"

Winter: "Oh yeah, I'm talking to you now. Why do you think you're wearing that long sleeve"

Steve: "Hold on...It's only mid October. You shouldn't be here yet"

Winter: "I just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm coming. I'm gonna beat you down this year"

Steve: "Shut up. We shouldn't be having this conversation. First of all, It's only October. Second of all, I'm not a pagan. Seasons can't talk"

Winter: "You're so logical. That's another thing I hate about you. Me and my friend, the Russian wind, can't wait to see you next month. You're goin' down!"

Steve: "Ok, I'm not hearing this. La la la la la la la la la la. "

Autumn: "Don't worry Steve, we still have several weeks left together. Just think about that kickin' race we had together last week in those nice moderate temperatures I gave you. We'll be back in the high 60's next week, I promise."

Steve: "Thanks buddy. I needed that."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got to be the STRANGEST man alive! No wonder I married you, life is NEVER boring. :)

Anonymous said...

I would have guessed out of "PITY"
LOL

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the half marathon, Steve.
You know there's only one logical thing to do next, right?

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Dave, the marathon is a killer! Love the winter/autumn clash though. We're experiencing the autumn you should be having.

"Smash" said...

Steve did you happen to smoke or drink anything before this "so-called" run??? Just wondering! You didn't drink the water from work again did you?