Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Contest: And the winner is....

I'll let Falco make the announcement:
Chuck R was able to "correctly-enough" guess the event. He had a little mistake, but he saved his guess by providing the winner of last years race (Clue #1) - that way I knew he had the right one. I think Chuck is going to pick prize #1 (Lemon-Lime) unless he waffles in the next 24 hours.

Runner-up Ashley was 2 minutes late, but he'll get a prize as well.

Note of Thanks

Good job fellas, and thanks to all of my loyal readers for participating!!! Comments to my blog are always welcome, even if there isn't a contest going on...Hearing from different people is fun and gives this slightly homesick runner something to look forward too....

Clue Wrap-up

Clue #6 was the Austrian Singer Falco, singing "Rock Me Amadeus", his rap tribute to Mozart (Clue #2). Falco also is the orginal singer of "Der Kommisar", which was done in German, the language of Austria. Falco, like Marie Antoinette (Clue #5), was born in Vienna, the race city. Mozart was born in Saltzburg, but lived and died in Vienna.

Steve's Race

The perfect answer I was looking for was "Wien-Energie Halbmarathon", which was won last year by Charles Ngolepns from Kenya with super fast time of 1:01:07 (about 10 minutes faster than the winner of the Romanian race I did this year). This is a huge event with lots going on
including 4 shorter races, one of which Maria will will get to do for her European race debut.

The City

Vienna looks like a cool city to visit. We are also planning on at least one day trip to Prague or Munich to add another city/country to the trip!

I guess that's it for The Contest, I'll let Falco wrap things up with what could be my Spring Half Marathon themesong....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun on the clues. I hate that work got in the way of reading this week. :-) Have fun in Vienna this spring. Kristina had a great time there when she was on foreign study in college. I still say you should check out Amsterdam for the fall though. ;-)

Anonymous said...

OOOooo, Amsterdam. Yeah, yeah let's go to Amsterdam.

Anonymous said...

Great Contest! I wondered how long it would take Maria to get a race scheduled for herself. Go - Go - Go you two.
Granny :)