Friday's run was ok. My calves are still really sore from working on this running form change. I've read several articles on the net, and it looks like I can expect this for about 2-3 weeks. Not really fun, but I'm into this running thing for the long haul. Better form now will hopefully mean better knees years later. I'm quite certain I pushed too hard on my first run last Saturday, and that hasn't helped things. The good thing about the run this past Friday was that it was dog-free.
Today's run also featured minimal canine activity also. I passed a few that barked, but they kept their distance. Nothing else has been really exciting about these last few runs. I've run them all in the same place in Parcul Titan where the brand spanking new pavement is. Right now, I don't think my calves can take the abuse of the Lacul Titan route where the pavement and trails are rough in spots. Hopefully, when the calve issue goes away, I will try out some new running locations that I've been promising you guys. The weather each morning has been great with temps in the mid to high 50's. The high's for June so far have been in the 70's at midday here in Bucharest. Nice.
Steve's new workout
See this metal bar on the left? There are tons of these things located around the apartments. The Romanians use them to beat the dust out of their rugs. You may be thinking "Oh, how interesting". However, Steve J doesn't think that way. He looks at the metal bar and thinks "Cool! I can do pull-ups on those!". So I did bust out a couple of sets of pull-ups after my run today when nobody was looking (not that I would care...)I know, I'm a nut. But, if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, this is nothing new.

No comments:
Post a Comment