
This bad boy is called a Shaorma. I think it came from the Middle East, which is not too far away. The main ingredients are a pita-type shell, grilled chicken, french fries, garlic sauce, pickles, and some kind of green stuff (could be lettuce or cabbage) to make it appear healthy.
What's most interesting to me is how the chicken is kept heated at the Shaorma stand. When you order, the guy will cut the chicken off this thing with a large knife.
Shaorma's come in 2 sizes, mica (small) or mare (large). I usually get the small, but the one you see on my plate up there is a large. I was having fun talking to the Shaorma guy in English and Romanian and forgot to say "mica". I couldn't finish it, since it weighs over 1 lb. Even the large shaorma costs only a 120,000 lei (about 4 bucks).
I guess in the end, it's not really "Carbohydrate loading". It's more like "Everything Loading".
Summer Begins
I hope you enjoyed my "filler post", ha ha ha. Not much is happening on the running front right now. I'm still mainly doing shorter runs and working on my new running form. After doing some more research, I'm thinking about changing running shoes which I would do while in New York. I ran after work on Monday and Tuesday and really felt the heat. This past weekend while I was camping with the missionaries, the temperature began to warm up. It was around 90 F for both runs this week. I may just deal with the heat, since there is much less dog trouble at this time of day as opposed to the mornings. The dogs just lie around everywhere when it gets hot like this and they barely move. That's all for now. I'll try to check in next week before my visit to the states.


1 comment:
Thanks for a look at one of your favorite foods. But you can't fool me. I've seen you eat. You have a lot of favorite foods. :)
Have fun in N.Y. visiting with your family. We are looking to seeing you at Christmas.
In my prayers,
Granny
Post a Comment