Thursday, June 01, 2006

Only the lonely...blah blah blah dum dee doo waa

So Dana and Maria are flying back to the states right now. I dropped them off before heading to work. I'm definitely going to miss them. My family is basically a part of who I am, so I'm incomplete when they're not with me (I know - so sappy, Everyone just say "Awwwwww" and we'll move on). At least the work day was somewhat interesting. After months of struggling with the Romanian bureaucratic nightmare, my 2-year (yikes) work visa application was finally accepted today. I should be able to pick it up next month.

Today's run

After coming home to a depressing empty apartment, there was no doubt I was going to run today. I headed out for an easy 3.7 miles in the newly paved section of the park. I usually run around the lake, but it is nice to change things up. Besides, with the smooth pavement, I can actually run with my head up. There just isn't too many places in Bucharest where you can do that! Another plus was the temperature. It only reached about 70F today, which is about 10 degrees cooler than my last 3 runs.

The only noteworthy Bucharest-moment of this run was the 4-5 teenage girls who basically stared at me like I was an alien as I ran by. They then proceeded to bust out laughing as soon as I passed them. I should be used to this by now, but I guess I felt more out-of-place than usual today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steven,
I personally think it's great that it takes Dana and Maria to make you feel complete. I love "sappy" in my son-in-law. :) I too believe a family should be together so thank you for giving them up for this short time. My prayers are with you.
Granny