In addition to the family stuff, the weather was a bit foul Wed, Thurs, Fri (refer to my dumb rain post). On the good side, the weather cleared up nicely today and I got my 3rd run this week into the books, and totaled about 15 miles for the week.
Bucharest warms up
The weather today seems to officially begin the summer warming trend. I'm told to expect possible temps of 100 in July/August. I guess we'll see. For today, it was approaching 80. I don't think we hit 80 officially, but its always warmer in the city (concrete effect) than at the airport where the weather station is.
Overall, it was a pretty good run. Due to the warm temps, I kept the pace a little slow to make sure I got a good 6 miles in. I basically ran all over Parcul Titan and finished up at Lacul Titan with a couple of laps. The only trouble I had, as I should of expected, was the sunbathing area south of the Bridge.
Speedos, Bikinis and Old People, OH MY!
I hate to dwell on this subject, but...Anyway, the speedos are beginning to multiply like rabbits. I think for every degree above 75, there are at least 2-4 more old speedo men in the park. And not only that, they are bringing their bikini clad old ladies with them.
So, as I was about to finish my first lap around the lake, there he was. This was another 50 something year old guy in a white speedo standing right in the middle of the path! He was a lot scrawnier than the guy from last week, but the sight was just as hideous. Scrawny, fat, or fit - nobody should be wearing those things! I had to run to the right of the guy, and by doing that, I had to look in the direction of the bikini clad elderly women soaking up the rays in the grass.
Insult to injury - here's buns in your eye.
Lest you all think I'm a sick-o let me just preface this next event with this fact. When you run, you are always looking around. It's natural, it makes the run go by quicker - It's fun (usually). I like to take in the scenery - If I had to run indoors all the time, I would have quit running a while ago.
Okay, I was nearly recovered from the sights of speedos and bikinis when I notice 3 younger guys goofing around in the water at the edge of the lake. Just at the instant I saw these guys, one guy pulls the shorts down of his buddie (a common prank for goofy boys). So, in addition to the horrifying sights of old people wearing bikinis and speeds - I get mooned too. Maybe running indoors isn't a bad idea after all?
Special Thanks to Ashley
I have had a hard time finding Gatorade in this town. When I have found it, I haven't found much. So my homey, Ashley (part of my ever expanding blogger audience - I think I'm up to 5 now - woo whooo) hooked me up by placing a few cans in the care package of office supplies we recieved from work.

Thanks Man!
I'm expecting a call from Gatorade any day now for an endorsement deal. Think of how many will starting drinking the stuff after seeing this guy!

1 comment:
We can almost top your run story. While at SeaWorld we saw lots of wonderful sights but the "Granny-looking" person certainly was not one of them. I guess she was trying to stay cool since the weather was a little warm.
Papa and Raymond wanted to buy speedos while in Florida but Susan and I talked them out of it. :)Now that would have been a sight.
Granny
Post a Comment