Tuesday, May 02, 2006

From Real mountains to Urban mountains.


Well, its back to the old grind. After a great weekend in the Romanian Mountians taking in scenery like this, it was time to get back to the running routine.

I was a little fatigued today and didn't feel like running. I don't know if my fatigue was caused by 2 consectutive long weekends fo travel or the intense workouts I had in the Romanian countryside:

Ok, I'm kidding. I just posed for this shot of the "workout center" in one of the guesthouses. We actually didn't stay at this guesthouse, that had the gym, they were full. We stayed at the owners cousin's house a few doors down.

Anyway, today's run at the park was ok. As usual there was wind, but the temp was a nice 65 F. I ran 1 lap around lacul Titan, along with a slight detour to the freshly paved northwest section of the park. It was a pleasant run there, not only becauses of the brand-spanking-new pavement, but they also had the fountains going - and that added greatly to overall appearance of the park.

Speaking of appearances, I know what you're thinking. "Where are the spring pictures of the park you promised, Steeeeeeve?" I'll admit it - I'm a slacker. But soon my friends, soon....For now I will leave you with a couple of pictures from the balcony of Steve's crib.

January Pic:

Today:

Oh, and one bonus pic of the post run meal on the barbie, "Carnati Afumat" baby!!!

2 comments:

"Smash" said...

NICE! Very funny write up today! Enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted a picture of our supper cooking!!! You have too much free time. I think you should start cleaning the bathroom.