Friday, May 19, 2006

Steve struggles with the bird flu

Ok, I may not have the bird flu, but a statement like that makes a great eye-catching blog headline. However, I certainly got something and it's pretty nasty.

Down and Out...

Within 2 hrs of drinking my celebratory first bottle of gatorade on Saturday, I noticed I was feeling it bit sore - unusual for a relatively moderate 6 mile run. Well, the fever and chills quickly followed and I hit the couch for the next 3 1/2 days. I finally had the energy to go to work Wed and Thurs, but I must have pushed it too hard cause here I sit on the couch today.

Thankfully the fever & chills are gone, but I still got the runs (and not the good kind that I blog about either) and I'm fighting to stay hydrated due to that. Yuck!!! I'm hoping the Immodium (yahoo, its cheap here!) will come through soon, but it looks like you won't see a running post until next week.

3 comments:

"Smash" said...

I am a little disappointed I am not under your links. That is all I will say!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Steve! You'll come back a stronger runner after this rest period.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks like Ashley
has been getting some people looking at his blog now that you put that link out there. Its pretty funny!