Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A moment of silence...

To reflect on the accomplishments of Steve J, who hammered out mile #500 during a 6.2 mile run in Titan Park yesterday. Wooo Whooo!

Some stats for the first 500 miles of 2007:

Number of countries included in the 500 miles: 3 (Romania, Austria, Belgium)

Number of dog bites: 0 (Thankfully only a few close calls)

Number of pairs of shoes used: 5 (Yes, I am a "shoe junkie" and have promised myself not to buy any more until 3 of those pairs are "retired)

Avg miles per day in 2007: 3.3 (or 23.1 miles per week).

Number of times kissed by the old gypsy lady: 1 (enough said - 1 is plenty)

It was fitting to get mile 500 on my run yesterday. It was one of those days that I just didn't feel like running. I was tired and just a little moody (might have something to do with Dana and Maria heading off to the states tomorrow). Let's face it, I wouldn't be sitting at 500 miles right now if I only ran when I "felt like it". Substitute that 500 miles for one of your goals, and you'll get the little life lesson here. What genius, eh? I should become a "life coach" or something.

2 comments:

"Smash" said...

I would love for you to be my life coach! Congrats on the 500! I wish you many more brother!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great accomplishment! Don't feel bad about be a shoe junkie! From one shoe junkie to another you can never have too many shoes, and besides new shoes protect your joints, keep it up!
You would make a wonderful life coach and you definately encourage me.
al