Saturday, March 10, 2007

Stumbling at the finish line...

The week started out great with 3 days of running, but now I'm down again. Since Thursday, I've come down with "the crud" as they say in the Southern USA. I don't know if I've got a light cold, or if it's allergies caused by whatever is blooming right now. I've had no energy and this random cough which makes me sound like I'm 90 years old. With 2 weeks to go until the Vienna Half Marathon, this pretty much stinks. After 3 days of whining, I finally gave in and tried the Helpmeet's claritin last night, so hopefully that will kick in. I still have a nice chunk of miles logged in so far this year, so hopefully 1 bad week at the end won't do me in.

For my loyal readers (all 4 or 5 of you), I hope things will pick up on this blog, but who knows. Our travel season will be kicking in and the leaves on the trees will make better pictures in Bucharest (not the most photogenic city in winter, that's for sure).

4 comments:

"Smash" said...

Get better OLD MAN! I know I feel like I am running like a 90 year old man. Not sure! I am having a lot of self doubt and wondering why I do this stuff. I am in a mental funk brother. Anyway, take care and get over that cough and give me a 1:40 time!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Take Vit. C and Zinc to get you well a little quicker.
Hope you feel better soon.
Granny :)

Anonymous said...

Just remember...Vienna awaits those who run the half marathon. ;-) Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Your the man, man! No matter what your time is, your a winner in my book for having double the miles on record so far this year compared to me. I am finally starting a system so I might catch up. Now does that help you train?