Saturday, March 03, 2007

Just checkin' in

Quick post today since this was a pretty uneventful running week. If you're bored, all the "partying" is happening on the family blog - or as Dana says "The cool blog". But hey, this is a running blog, so what did you expect?

Week of EZ running

OK, I admit I ran that 14 miler last Saturday a little too fast. I actually did run the next day for over 5 miles, but by Monday I felt pretty wore down. Since I'm a much less stupid runner than I was last year, I took 2 days off. I then decided to skip any speedwork this week and focus on some nice easy (EZ) pace running.

I hooked up with missionary friend John at Herestreau on Wednesday for a nice run after work. Temps were in the low 40's and it had rained that day, so the park was nearly deserted which was nice. After that, the weather improved bigtime for this weekend. For the long run today, I got out there at 6:20 am and it was already 50 F. I watched the sunrise and the city of Bucharest come alive in the early morning as I ran to (and around) Ceausescu's palace (Palace of Parliament) and then back home for a total 11 miles. Outside of a few comments (which I did not understand) from taxi drivers and several (non-violent) dog encounters, this run was pretty tame. I'll probably try to get a short run in tomorrow to finish up the week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't help it that my blog pulls in people from all over the WORLD! I'm just cool like that.

Anonymous said...

At least your blog is 10x's more interesting than your friends Ashley "The Clodsdale" Ironman's blog ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh Steve, are you still writing? I was beginning to wonder, especially with Dana's prolific writing for the past week or so... ;-)