Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Barcelona Blues...

Well, I have no running to report so far this week. This past weekend was spent in the beautiful city of Barcelona, Spain with Dana and Maria. You can check our family blog for a bunch of pics.

I'm trying to get motivated to run, but going from this in Spain (Sunny with highs of 65-68F each day)

Back to this, in Bucharest - it's a little bit demotivating. What you see below is the forecast for this whole week. Cloudy, cold, and wet - dreary.
Why I didn't bring my running stuff to Spain, I'll never know. I do know I won't forget next time!

Now, some comment responses:

Ashely wrote: "Looks like the ghetto dude! Do they have street ball like up in NY?"

Streetball? Not exactly, and definitely not like NY. Take a look at "streetball", Parcul Titan style on the left!

Like most of the world outside the US, soccer is the king of sports here. You know when there is a big match in town too. The fans of a particular team will be waving flags and singing as they board the public transportation to the nearby stadium. There are 4 or 5 professional teams in town. Unfortunately, many of the best Romanian players will end up playing in other European countries where the salaries are higher.

Nathan wrote: I'm sure the Park athestics will improve when Spring comes.

Agreed! Look for another photo op in May...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are saying that if I came over there with a basketball I would rule??? Sweet!

Steve said...

Yeah, I think you would be the man. I did see a pick-up b-ball game at Parcul Obur. The play wasn't that great, but definitely physical.