Well, with Maria and the Helpmeet heading home on Friday Sept 7, it looks like two weeks of normal running remains for me in Bucharest:
Denied! So much for the Bucharest 4K Race...
With just a few days left before Sept 9, I emailed race sponsor "Petrom" (The largest oil company in Romania). I got this back:
----------------
Dear Steve,
I am no longer in charge for this project. As far as I know Petrom Running Competition will take place on October 14th, 11:00 a.m. but I don't know if this is the final decision.
I'll keep you up to date.
------------
So, let's see here. It is now Sept 5. The race, which is still shown on the Romanian Track Federation Calendar for Sept 9, is apparently being rescheduled for Oct 14 (without a final decision yet - what's the rush?). However, as far as I can tell, nobody in this city of 3 million people knows this, except me of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're always in the "know" baby! One of the many things I love about you.
Post a Comment