Friday, April 06, 2007

Steve gets company for a day

Hey all,

We're in Brussels, Belgium right now, but I haven't run yet. We're heading to Antwerp for the day, but I may be able to get one in when we get back. Check the family blog for all the trip details that the Helpmeet throws up there this weekend.

Week Wrap-up

A quiet week of running in Bucharest this week. Temperatures are gradually warming up with the 60 degree mark getting more common. I have been taking it easy since the half marathon and just enjoying the weather and getting some slow miles in.
The most fun I had running this week was Wednesday. For this week's run with missionary John Lewis, he brought a couple of friends with him to Herastrau Park. They were two Germans named Dirk (far right) and Simon (far left) who were in town for the week. Both live near Munich. The older one, Dirk, has run several marathons and is a long distance specialist. The youngster, Simon, was a running rookie so we took it slow - and he did just fine. I know a lot of people who think Germans are serious non-funny people, but I had plenty of evidence Wednesday to show that this is not true. I'm just glad John didn't feed them mici before the run, or it could have been much, much worse (inside joke, that's all I'm gonna say).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! the food looks great! Have fun on your vacation! I look forward to all the news and pictures.
al