Tuesday, August 01, 2006

End of July....

So ends my 7 th month here in Bucharest. On the running front, not much exciting has happened since my last post. I overslept on Saturday, so I did not try out a new running location as planned. All of my last 5-6 runs have been in my home course in Titan Park. I guess I'm in sort of a rut, but that consistency in running can be a good thing.

Agony of da feet

Actually, it's not that bad. My footstrike change is going well. My legs feel great and my calves are not sore at all. Only problem is my footsies. They are a little sore with my recent mileage increase (to 15 miles per week). I think its just due to the muscles that need to strengthen because of the foot-strike change. Hopefully, it will subside soon, so I can do the longer runs that I need to prepare for my half-marathon planned for October. I still have time though.

So, to end this "filler" post here's two noteworthy running moments in the last week:

I'll race ya!

Last Wednesday, I think. I was running in the park and was raced by a young boy who couldn't have been more than 3 1/2. As I ran by him, he gave me this scowling look "You call that running?" and then he turned on the jets and motored with me for about 20 yards. He was definitely "all boy" as they say. The determined look on his face was priceless and he provided some good entertainment for his parents and several on-lookers in the park.

Hmm....Maybe I should read the instructions

On Monday, this poor old guy asked me in Romanian "What time is it". I was excited because I totally understood him. However, I have not learned how to use my new fancy running watch. While running, it doesn't show the time of day and I don't know which buttons to push to do it. So I had to say "Nu Stiu" which means "I don't know". Have gave me this puzzled look. I'm sure he was thinking "You have that big honking watch on your wrist and you still don't know what time it is?".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually bringing back some peppermint scented foot massage lotion! How's that for being the helpmeet that is prepared, ahead of time, to meet your every need?!? Who said that being single "rocked"? (Just kidding Nathan!)

"Smash" said...

Peppermint scented???? What is that? It should have to be like some guy smell like hotwings and fries or sweaty, just something manly! HA HA
Nathan of course your girlfriend will tell you that now! Just wait until you get married. Then you won't be able to go to Romania. HA HA