From the running point of view, I had a nice break in New York. I ran 3 times in the morning there with excellent weather. One day, I ran to my old high school track (memories...blah..blah..blah..blah...blaaaah blaaaah - just think of the theme from CATS) and practiced my form by running 1/4 mile barefoot. Running barefoot is tough, but very helpful. Without the protection of those fancy running shoes, you must land your foot correctly everytime. If you don't, the feedback is instaneous - it hurts!
The week went by fast and it was really good to be with Dana and Maria again and see my side of the extended family.
Steve is back in town
I got back to Bucharest on Sunday afternoon and quickly got back to running. I ran Mon, Wed and early this morning. Each run was about 3-3.5 miles long and uneventful for the most part. The heat broke while I was gone, so the weather has been great with temps staying in the mid 80's. The low humidity here makes it quite comfortable when it stays below 90.
New Soarma source!
After Wednesday's run, I was starving and realized I forgot to take out any meat from the freezer. So, I decided to pass on the ramen noodles and find some grub outside. Right before I left for NY, I had noticed a new restaurant. I thought it was just a regular terrace bar, but then I realized they had a pretty big food menu there too. It turns out that they serve pizza, soarma's and a bunch of other stuff. The soarma was great. This place has some additional toppings and seasoning that the other place in the PiaĊ£a doesn't have. Food goes along way to improving my morale, especially overseas.
Today's Run
I did run into a pack of dogs in the park today, but apparently they had owners close by. As the 4-5 dogs barked and closed ranks on me, I heard them hollering. It ended up ok. The dogs chased me for about 20 yards or so barking away, but no biting. It's always exciting when you get charged by a pack of dogs - you never know what they're going to do. It does get the adrenaline going, though, so at least it helps my running energy!
Speaking of dogs, above is our newest addition to the dog family at work (actually there are several families of dogs at work, but this little guy is staying in our hanger right now). The dogs that chase me in the park are never this cute.I'm heading back to help out at Camp Living Water today for the weekend, so this will have to be a short post. I did get some fancy new running stuff in NY that I'll post about when things slow down next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment